Anyone preparing for a move will need to be on the hunt for a reliable moving company. Moving house can be a stressful ordeal, whether you are relocating down the road or across the country. In this quick guide, we have compiled a list of the top 10 signs that indicate whether or not a moving company is reliable.
Top 10 Signs of Reliable Movers
Moving requires a lot of planning and preparation, and movers are there to guide you through the process. No one wants to deal with a moving company that isn’t quite up to scratch, so it’s essential to know what signs to look out for when choosing a reliable company to assist with your move. Let’s get straight into our list so you know what to look out for when picking the right movers for you.
1. Movers should be responsive and helpful. When you reach out to movers, it should not take them two weeks to get back to you with a quote or general response. The movers’ priority should be your convenience at the end of the day.
After all, the purpose of a moving company is to save you precious time and reduce the overall stress of a move. If this is not the case, it’s possible that those movers may not be the right choice for you. Many companies are more than happy to offer you a free quote and will do it quickly as well; this is a good sign to look out for.
2. Do your own research and read reviews. It is always useful to do a background check on your prospective moving company. The more information you can find online or hear from others, the better. You may find that the company you’re considering has a history of leaving their customers dissatisfied, and this probably indicates bad service or mismanagement. However, if the reviews rave about the impressive quality of service, then this can be a sign you’ve found a reliable and competent company.
3. Movers should be efficient and well organised. When communicating with a moving company, they should be able to provide you with precise and helpful information. If you notice that quotes are constantly changing, or you are being offered conflicting data about your move, this ultimately does not bode well. The staff of the company should all be on the same page and working together to ensure your peace of mind throughout the process.
4. Do their prices make sense? Perhaps the most important factor for many people is whether or not a company is cost-effective. When a moving business provides you with a quote, the details of each additional expense should be fleshed out and justified. Of course, this will vary substantially from company to company and the quality of service is also a large contributor to the overall cost of a move.
We highly recommend that you seek out multiple quotes from various moving services so that you have a better idea of what the possible costs are. Alternatively, if you would like the process to be as simple as possible, SharpMoov will handle this for you.
Our convenient services truly are the simplest way to find the perfect moving company for your purposes. We will help you organise your move from start to finish, ensuring your peace of mind during the move.
5. The company has adequate moving equipment. In order to ensure that all your valued possessions arrive in the state they left in, it is important to know that the moving service has the necessary tools for the job. They should have specialised packaging for fragile items, ramps to safely load heavy boxes and transport that is large enough for your specific purposes.
If the company does not have the appropriate equipment, it becomes far more likely that some damage may occur during the move. Heavy objects may be dropped and fragile items could possibly be broken. Of course, we are sure this is the last thing you want, and it can be avoided by checking with the company beforehand to know exactly what sort of moving gear they have at their disposal.
6. The company has competent and experienced staff. The staff of the moving company are perhaps more important than the equipment they use. They will be directly dealing with all your belongings and the care they take in handling them will decide the state they arrive in. A reliable moving company means reliable staff that are knowledgeable about their trade and passionate about securing the satisfaction of their customers.
7. They keep their promises and stick to what they say. This might seem like an obvious sign, but it remains an important one nonetheless. A reliable moving company should always be punctual and respect the time of their clients. This also applies to what the moving company delivers in terms of service quality. If they claim to have only the best equipment or availability in a certain size of truck – then the moving service should be able to deliver on these assurances.
8. They help you to save money, where possible. While good moving companies should be able to take care of almost every aspect of the move, it is also important for them to be mindful of your budget. They should be able to give you advice about certain things you can do yourself or with friends and family, so that the moving process does not become too expensive.
Moving doesn’t have to be incredibly expensive, and a good moving company will assure you of that. Here is a brief list of a few ways to cut costs on your move:
- Pack your belongings yourself as this can end up being the most time consuming part of a move.
- Declutter your home before the move and try to only bring items that are absolutely necessary to your new residence.
- Get help from family and friends, where possible, to speed up the process. Most companies charge by the hour so the quicker the move is, the more affordable it will be.
- Source your own boxes and packaging materials such as packing paper and bubble wrap.
9. They should provide professional inventory management. Reliable and organised movers should create comprehensive lists of all your belongings in order to avoid misplacing them or creating confusion. This is also an important thing to do yourself as mistakes can happen and one can never be too careful.
If anything does go missing or is damaged, the moving service is responsible for this and should take accountability. Most movers offer liability insurance for these reasons and it may be a good thing to consider, for your own peace of mind.
10. They provide you with a stress-free customer experience. Competent movers should alleviate large amounts of your stress throughout the moving process. If this is not the case, then the company is not providing an adequate service. As the customer, you deserve to be able to rest assured, knowing that everything is going as smoothly as possible and you can settle into your new home without too much to worry about.
How Can SharpMoov Make Your Move Easier?
If you want to eliminate the stress of your move, then you’ll be interested in our convenient services. Deciding on the reliability of moving companies can take time, and there is an element of trial and error involved. We, at SharpMoov, act as the middleman and begin by inquiring about your move and your specific needs. We then match you with the perfect company to assist you.
Every company we work with has proven their reliability and quality of service time and time again. Additionally, we have pre-negotiated prices with these companies to reduce the overall cost of the process by 50-70%!
Not only do we monitor your move from start to finish and remove this burden from your shoulders, but we also save you money while doing it. We make moving in South Africa simpler than ever and we want nothing more than to help our customers into their new homes, stress-free.